I only review YA novels by women about girl heroes right now, about one a month. I also review books about writing, marketing, and publishing fiction.
**Currently, I’m not reviewing books.** (Updated December 2016)
Resources for you:
Support is essential to indie authors, so here are two Facebook groups for you:
- If you want, come join us at my group on Facebook, Indie YA Fantasy Writers: http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_119195048159926&ap=1. I have resources listed there for more places to promote. (Yes, this is a group I started.)
- I’m also a member of the Facebook Writing Kindle Books (http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_167185893326876&ap=1), which I find has been very supportive re: marketing opportunities.
Getting reviewed is critical to getting more sales.
- Finding a reviewer: Book Reviewer Yellow Pages: http://www.stepbystepselfpublishing.net/. It’s a useful resource, and updates annually.
Guest blogging is a great way to introduce yourself to a new audience.
ANOTHER RESOURCE FOR YOU
I’m very picky about the novels I read, choosing only fantasy and science fiction-like YA novels.
I prefer books with adventure first and foremost, romance secondary. Also, I’m not into dark or edgy stories. And I don’t read teen romance-only stories, like Sarah Dessen or Jennifer Echols. Try me though if they have a fairytale element like Gail Carson Levine’s stories, like Ella Enchanted. Nothing against them; they’re just not my cup of tea. Also: I don’t like vampire or werewolf stories. Sorry guys.
Yes, I’ll review both print and ebooks, both indie and legacy/traditionally published.
If you’re not sure if your book falls under my preferences, I invite you to query me.
Email me first to see if I’d like to review your book: beth AT bethbarany DOT com, or use the contact form. Please put “YA novel review request” in the subject line or its likely to get lost in the 500+ emails I get daily.
Note about timing: Due to the fact I only post one review a month, I probably can’t release yours on your schedule. But you never know! Try me!
If we’re not a match, there is hope!
- Guest Blogging for Writer’s Fun Zone: http://www.writersfunzone.com/blog/guest-columnists-welcome/
- Guest Blogging about Kick ass heroines in science fiction and fantasy: http://author.bethbarany.com/write-for-us/
Your job as an independent author: write and educate yourself about writing, publishing, and marketing:
- Book Marketing Resources: http://www.writersfunzone.com/blog/resources/book-marketing-resources/