5 Tools to Fuel Your Writing and Creative Process, Roundtable Discussion
Update: You can get the recording of this discussion here.
Join us in discussion on fueling your writing and creative process.
I’m excited to announce that I’ll be in discussion with Linda Joy Meyers at the National Association of Memoir Writers in August.
Here’s the details:
Thursday, August 6, 2015, 4 pm Pacific. “5 Tools to Fuel Your Writing and Creative Process”, Roundtable Discussion with Linda Joy Myers at the National Association of Memoir Writers
4 PM PDT | 5 PM MDT | 6 PM CDT | 7 PM EDT
There are three main turning points to the writing process: the start, the middle, and the end. Writers often find themselves stuck in one of these three places. When you get stuck, everything grinds to a screeching halt, and we are tempted to abandon our project — book, essay, chapter. We experience this as writer’s block, and are bound by massive frustration, procrastination, or tearing out our hair while crying.
In this conversation with Linda Joy Myers, founder and president of National Association of Memoir Writers, and Beth Barany (me), award-winning novelist and creativity coach for writers, you’ll learn about 5 tools to help you get back to writing your story.
In this lively conversation between teachers and lovers of story, you’ll discover:
- How planning can enhance your creativity instead of stifle it
- How a simple tool can help you stay focused so you can actually get writing done
- How a simple mindset tool can shift your energy from No to Go
- How goal setting can restart you when you’re stuck in the middle of your project
- How you can connect with the most powerful tool in the five senses to spark or re-spark your passion for your project