Kick Ass Heroines: Part #4
Wednesdays I devote the blog conversation to what I love about my genre — fantasy — and what I think y’all love about it, too.
Today I continue my exploration of the Kick Ass Heroines, like Xena, that I love in books, movies and TV shows, and highlight more of their characteristics. I’d love to know what you think! Did I leave any out?! What would you add to this list?
Before I go there, I just wanted to say that I do value softness and vulnerability in women and girls. I guess, though, I’m rallying against helplessness.
I believe we are all resourceful, and sometimes asking for help is the most resourceful, brave and courageous thing we can do.
More Characteristics of a Kick Ass Heroine (other characteristics mentioned here)
- Can rally her friends behind a cause
- Is brave enough to ask for help
- Stands up and speaks out against injustice
- Helps those in need
- Isn’t afraid to do what it takes even if what it takes is a stretch, new, or scary, especially if it’s scary
- Faces her fears
- Honest to at least herself
- Searches for the truth to best of her abilities
- Owns up to her mistakes
- Works hard to cultivate and maintain her abilities
What do you think? Are there more you’d add? Thanks!
Onward and forward!
In the meantime, check out Henrietta The Dragon Slayer:
A reviewer said: “… The witty dialogue and good story line makes this book hard to put down. It’s really fun to read. It’s also very satisfying to read about a girl heroine fighting the good fight…”