January 17th, 2011 | by Beth Barany
Educate yourself. Get to know the lay of the land. Get informed! Being an indie author is a business folks, so let’s get writing and publishing.
- Author Virna DePaul offers useful Cheat Sheets, her latest on the pros and cons of self-publishing. Sign up for her newsletter to get it.
- Author Zoe Winters offer sage and witty advice in her book, Smart Self-Publishing: Becoming an Indie Author
- Author and teacher Kristen Lamb writes a good book on social media for indie and traditional publishers alike: We Are Not Alone: The Writer’s Guide to Social Media
- The Independent Authors Network is a great way to get some attention and connect with other indie authors. I’m there!
- A blog by multiple authors: The Self Publishing Revolution
- A yahoo group discussing everything self-publishing: This discussion forum is a community of authors and small presses interested or involved in publishing and marketing their own work and that of others. It is sponsored by SPAN. Both newcomers and veterans welcome. Subscribe by sending an email to Self-Publishingemail@example.com.
- No list would be complete without one of the most outspoken proponents of self-publishing, JA Konrath. His blog, A Newbie’s Guide to Self-Publishing, is a wealth of information, news and clear-eyed assessment of the whole publishing industry.
- Keep up with what’s going on in the indie publishing industry, Publetariat: People Who Publish.
- I’ve just discover IndieReader.com, a site that review independently published book that have been vetted for quality.
- Lastly but by no means least in this random list, Publishing Perspectives offers an international view of the whole publishing industry. The big picture! My favorite!
Do you have a favorite resource that should be on a list? Post it here. And thanks!